I don’t know about you, but the first thing I thought of seeing Vernon Davis getting his touchdown celebration dunk rejected by the goal post Sunday afternoon was Grant Hill’s 1995 Sprite commercial. In case you missed it, after scoring on a 4-yard pass from Alex Smith in the third quarter against the Packers, Vernon Davis did his best Tony Gonzalez impression by attempting to dunk the football over the crossbar. Only instead of throwing down the one-handed slam, Davis had his offering thrown back by current 2012 NFL block leader, and early leader for Defensive Player of the Year honors, the Lambeau Field crossbar.
Oh, the beauty of the Internet. Needless to say, I was able to find both clips of Vernon Davis’ touchdown fail and Grant Hill’s Sprite commercial from 1995 within minutes. Take a look for yourself, I’m not so sure that’s not actually a young Vernon Davis emulating Hill….
Latest posts by Ryan Sleeper (see all)
- Major League Soccer Standings Reinvented - July 1, 2014
- Your Salary vs. a MLB Player’s Salary [Visualization] - March 20, 2014
- What are the odds of going pro in sports? [Visualization] - January 26, 2014
- [Interactive] 2013 MLB Cost Per Win - September 30, 2013
- 2013 NFL Payrolls (Total Cap Spend) by Team - September 29, 2013