The football (soccer) league tables used to track standings in the world’s most popular sport are outdated. Starting with my native league, Major League Soccer, I took a shot at leveraging data visualization to (1) provide a better context of how a team is trending throughout the season (2) better illustrate how teams are performing relative to each other (3) explain what it will take for each team to earn a playoff berth and (4) create a record of results for the entire season, all in a single view.
1. Click a team name or conference (in the header) to highlight throughout the dashboard.
2. Filter between conference and Supporters’ Shield standings by using the filter under the table.
3. Hover over individual games on the Results Map to see scores.
4. Hover over lines in the bottom chart to update the caption and associated bullet graph.
Embed this interactive sports infographic on your own site:
Latest posts by Ryan Sleeper (see all)
- Major League Soccer Standings Reinvented - July 1, 2014
- Your Salary vs. a MLB Player’s Salary [Visualization] - March 20, 2014
- What are the odds of going pro in sports? [Visualization] - January 26, 2014
- [Interactive] 2013 MLB Cost Per Win - September 30, 2013
- 2013 NFL Payrolls (Total Cap Spend) by Team - September 29, 2013